The Left’s seeming triumph is a momentary affair. In fact, with idiocy such as abolishing the police it is discrediting itself massively. But conservatives are frustrated. They want to strike back but aren’t sure how. Here are a few ideas that might help.
First, before we strike back at anyone we need to know who the enemy is. It is not black people. They are just tools being used by the real enemy. Who are they? The cultural Marxists, the purveyors of political correctness, multiculturalism, and white guilt. Just like the economic Marxists who ruled the Soviet Union, they are ideologues who want to establish a totalitarian state based on their ideology. They couldn’t care less about the blacks they use, damage, and then discard.
Second, we must always follow one rule: never initiate violence. If they start it, then we have both a right and a duty to defend ourselves. And at that point, we should fight to win. But every time the Right starts a physical fight, it helps the cultural Marxists even if we do win in the end. They become “victims” who, in a feminized culture, other Americans will have sympathy for and identify with. At that point we lose on the moral level, which is the most powerful level of conflict.
So what can we do, beyond making sure in November that President Trump is re-elected in a landslide? Here are a few possibilities:
- Show our support for the police. If the Left holds “Black Lives Matter” demonstrations, we should counter with “Blue Lives Matter” rallies. The police represent one of conservatives’ highest values: order. We need them and, especially now, they need us. We should be there for them, publicly, every way we can.
- Boycott the moral cowards. Who are they? The businessmen, newspaper editors, politicians (not all Democrats), sports team owners, etc. who are tripping over themselves in their rush to kiss the cultural Marxists’ feet. We can refuse to go to their restaurant chains, buy their companies’ products, order tickets to their games and races, vote for them (including cowardly Republicans), or read their newspapers. We can make them pay.
- When the Left pulls down statues to our heroes and our ancestors, either with ropes or through cowardly politicians, we can put up new statues in areas we control. There are lots of small towns and rural counties in the South where conservatives are in charge. Offer to take the statues of Confederate generals they have pulled down and put them back up again. If they refuse, have new ones made. The same should happen in Italian neighborhoods with statues of Christopher Columbus. And how about Marshal Balbo too? He was very popular in America in the 1930s.
- Rename streets, squares, and other geographic features. They want to strip out all politically incorrect names, so we should add more. Every Southern town and county should have a new President Jefferson Davis Avenue. General Robert E. Lee, Longstreet (the South’s best general after Lee), Stonewall Jackson, all should get new places named for them. Outside the South, we could adopt other names the cultural Marxists hate. How about Adam Smith Avenue? In towns with lots of German-Americans, I’d love to see the town square become Kaiser Wilhelm ll Platz (he’d love it too). And why not some statues of real heroes on the re-named streets: the black Confederate soldier? A significant number of Southern blacks fought for the Confederacy.
- We need our own flag, in addition to our country’s flag. Down South, the Confederate flag should fly everywhere outside big cities (where it may get torn down). As the descendant of Sgt. Alfred G. Sturgiss, 177th Ohio Volunteer Infantry, I am reluctant to fly the Southern banner. But what about a dark blue St. Andrews Cross on a white background? Or the Pine Tree flag with its “Appeal to Heaven”? Conservatives need something that says, “We are conservatives.” Once we have one that works outside Dixie, it should turn up everywhere.
All of these are ways we can strike back at the real enemy, the Left. I’m sure others can come up with more and better ones. But the Right needs to launch a (non-violent) counter-offensive one way or another, and do it before election day. That day should seal, not start, our victory.
Interested in what Fourth Generation war in America might look like? Read Thomas Hobbes’ new future history, Victoria.